This recipe is a very simple Asia-cuisine inspired meal complete with a delicious homemade sauce that you’ll want to put on all your favorite Asian dishes. Enjoy an entire meal made in just 25 minutes, double the recipe and you could feed a family of 4 in no time!
For the noodles:
6 oz rice noodles
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch piece ginger
8 oz lean ground beef
1.5 oz shredded carrots
1 green onion
4 sprigs cilantro
4 oz homemade sauce
Homemade sauce contains:
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Ingredients from your kitchen: Extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper.
Tools and equipment needed: Grater, large pot, large skillet.
- Cook the noodles: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until al dente, about 6-8 min. Drain and set aside.
- Prep the spices:While the pasta cooks, mince the garlic, peel and grate the ginger, slice the green onions on a diagonal, separating the white portions from the green, remove the stems from the cilantro leaves and set aside.
- Cook the meat: heat 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the ground beef, ginger and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add the carrots, white portion of the green onions and cook for 1 more minute leaving the carrots crunchy.
- Add the noodles: once drained, add the noodles to the beef mixture, stir all ingredients together and cook for 1 more minute.
- Finish the noodles: add theHomemade sauce to the noodles and stir until everything is well coated and any extra moisture is absorbed by the noodles.
Serve: Serve the noodles into two plates and top with green parts of green onions and cilantro leaves. Enjoy!