Introduce your child to some fun and unique flavors with this butternut squash pasta. It has familiar ingredients like cheddar cheese and macaroni noodles as well as non-traditional kids meal ingredients, butternut squash and edamame beans.
1 medium butternut squash
200g / 2 cups macaroni or conchigliette pasta
200ml / 7oz whole milk
100g / 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup edamame beans
Ingredients from your kitchen: Salt and pepper
Tools and equipment needed: Knife, baking tray, blender or food processor
- Preheat the oven to 400F .Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds and place the two halves of squash flesh side up on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the squash is soft and has fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Once the squash has cooked, spoon out the flesh straight into a blender or food processor. Add the milk, cheese and butter and blitz until all the ingredients have combined to a sauce consistency. If it seems too thick then add a little extra milk. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the butternut squash sauce.Fold in edamame
- Serve immediately.