Everyone loves a good cup of Hot Cocoa during the winter time and there is nothing like a homemade recipe. Toss out your packets of powder and say hello to the best Hot Cocoa you’ve ever tasted!
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons cane sugar
Pinch of salt and nutmeg
2 cups milk, coconut milk, or half and half
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Start by adding your cocoa powder, salt, and sugar to a small bowl or mason jar.
- Whisk together well or shake if it’s in a jar.
- Add 4 tablespoons of milk to a small pot over medium-high heat and slowly whisk in powder.
- Stir until dissolved and no clumps are visible.
- Add in the additional milk and vanilla, and heat until hot. Stir frequently.
- Serve in a mug with whipped cream or marshmallows. Pro tip: dust the top with a little extra cocoa powder!