Chicken tenders are possibly the most popular kid’s menu item. Here is a healthier twist on the fried favorite.
4 (4- to 6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup ground flaxseed (I like Linwoods brand)
11/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
Ingredients from your kitchen: Salt, pepper, cooking oil
Tools and equipment needed: Knife, baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and drizzle a thin layer of oil on top.
- Cut each breast lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- In a zip-top bag, combine the flaxseed, salt, and pepper.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal the bag, and shake well to coat the tenders all over.
- Put the breaded tenders on the prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.