Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
10 oz. baby fingerling potatoes
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
8 oz. ground beef
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 small avocado
2 slices pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup chipotle aioli
2 pretzel buns
1 beefsteak tomato
Ingredients from your kitchen: Extra-virgin olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
Tools and equipment needed: Aluminum foil, baking sheet, medium skillet
1. Preheat an oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and rub 1 Tbs. olive oil onto the surface. Cut the potatoes in half and place in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 Tbs. oil and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Toss to coat. Place the potatoes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking.
2. While the potatoes bake, prepare the burger patties: In the same bowl used to toss the potatoes, combine the beef with the garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Form the beef into 2 thin burger patties. Set aside.
3. Prepare the vegetables: Slice the tomato and set aside. Cut the lime in half and juice half of it. Halve and pit the avocado, then use a spoon to scoop the pulp into a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp. of the lime juice to the avocado, season with salt and pepper, then mash roughly with a fork.
4. In a medium skillet, warm 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add the burger patties and cook until browned and crisp on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the patties, place a slice of cheese on top of each, and continue cooking until browned and crisp on the second side, about 3 minutes.
5. While the burgers cook, place the buns in the oven until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
6. Spread 1 Tbs. aioli on each cut half of the buns. Place a patty on the bottom half of each bun, then top with a slice of tomato and some mashed avocado. Cover with the top half of the buns. Serve with the fingerling potatoes alongside.